Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Athame57 on May 19, 2024, 08:26:55 PM

Title: Brake Torque Arm colour
Post by: Athame57 on May 19, 2024, 08:26:55 PM
I'm beginning to notice the brake torque arm on the CB400F/2 in different colours in different pictures, how should the standard one be?
Title: Re: Brake Torque Arm colour
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 19, 2024, 08:32:16 PM
I'm sure it could be black or BZP, the same as the 500/550. And, it's F I remember correctly, both finishes are the same part number 🤔🤔🤔
Title: Re: Brake Torque Arm colour
Post by: Athame57 on May 19, 2024, 10:04:32 PM
I'm sure it could be black or BZP, the same as the 500/550. And, it's F I remember correctly, both finishes are the same part number 🤔🤔🤔
These are the two colours I keep seeing Julie! I'm not becoming a fanatic over it, but I'm keen all the same to bring my bike close to original as I go along. Pattern parts are usually ok with me though.  ;)
Title: Re: Brake Torque Arm colour
Post by: Athame57 on May 19, 2024, 10:16:29 PM
Just took a look at the part on CMSL ( why you not do this before I hear someone say  ;D ) It seems they start out as BZP, I can see myself stripping the paint and polishing things up, and then finding out why they end up being painted?  :-\