Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Athame57 on May 20, 2024, 10:26:24 PM

Title: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Athame57 on May 20, 2024, 10:26:24 PM
Does the UK CB400F2 have a speedometer have both MPH and KPH on it?
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Mikep328 on May 20, 2024, 10:40:02 PM
My 1976 UK CB400 has only miles.
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Athame57 on May 20, 2024, 10:49:43 PM
My 1976 UK CB400 has only miles.
That would be the F model as opposed to the F2?
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: AshimotoK0 on May 20, 2024, 11:21:05 PM
Yes
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Mikep328 on May 21, 2024, 06:04:05 AM
What's an "F2" as opposed to an "F" in terms of what years constituted various "F" models
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: TrickyMicky on May 21, 2024, 08:45:21 AM
Hope this may be of some use? Mike.
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Mikep328 on May 21, 2024, 09:36:04 AM
Thanks Mickey!!!  :)
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Athame57 on May 21, 2024, 02:19:27 PM
Yes
Ash, I'm not sure if you are answering the answer before or the thread question.
I'm coming across images of F2s with both options, what to think? Is it really a worry that the face plates I bought for my F2 some years ago have MPH only, which is what I have now, but I've rooted out a number of home made and ill fitting parts on this bike! 
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: AshimotoK0 on May 21, 2024, 04:59:17 PM
It was yes to the F2 speedo face having MPH and KPH markings

Like this:

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Athame57 on May 21, 2024, 06:18:48 PM
Thanks Ash.  8)
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Laverda Dave on May 21, 2024, 09:27:16 PM
Here you go George, I asked a similar question previously.
https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,30014.0.html
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: AshimotoK0 on May 21, 2024, 11:56:46 PM
[attachimg=1]


37200-377-721  dual-scale ....So possibly changeover was 1078880  .. crap copy from a microfiche though.
Title: Re: CB400F2 speedometer face plate
Post by: Athame57 on May 22, 2024, 03:45:18 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I thought I had bought a wrong set of new dials for my F2, and the ones on  now a wrong replacement by someone down the line, or worse the speedo off a different bike. But it is clear I'm ok after all!  ;D