Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Dolomite_ on June 05, 2024, 05:59:08 PM
-
Bit of a brain fart, and I cant quite tell from the pictures I took. In the picture, the hole where the starter gear shaft is inserted, what covers it up? is there a bung or does something else go in there?
(https://i.imgur.com/8MV8n7l.jpeg)
-
You say "In the picture", did you intend to attach a picture?
-
You say "In the picture", did you intend to attach a picture?
Now there's a picture, the link didn't work for some reason
-
No, nothing else goes in there. The shaft is retained by a 6mm bolt and a lock washer, make 100% sure you replace the lock washer otherwise the shaft retaining bolt may escape if it comes loose and drop into the gearbox.
-
No, nothing else goes in there. The shaft is retained by a 6mm bolt and a lock washer, make 100% sure you replace the lock washer otherwise the shaft retaining bolt may escape if it comes loose and drop into the gearbox.
So nothing closes up that access hole? I'm surprised oil doesn't make its way out.
-
There is supposed to be oil either side of that web
-
Yep, I completely forgot that the clutch is there and the clutch is in the engine oil... I'm so used to dealing with just the crank cases at the moment.