Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: ozzybud on June 05, 2024, 10:42:42 PM
-
These are the Pipes i got from DSS. The discussion prior to purchase all pointed to the fact that they would discolor right away. I have over 300 miles on them.I just did a 50 mile ride today at 70 degrees F. stop and go traffic. The bike is tuned right on with all the plugs a light tan as they should be.
Are these double wall after all?
I have the original OEM unit at the Chrome shop right now. doesn't look like i will need them
-
FWIW, per receipts, a DSS system was fitted to my '76 CB400 by the previous owner in 2022. There is no discoloration/bluing of the pipes...so far.
It may sound weird but to my eye/taste, bluing looks wrong/bad on Japanese bikes but looks right/good on old Brittbikes like my '73 Norton Commando. Go figure.
-
It may sound weird but to my eye/taste, bluing looks wrong/bad on Japanese bikes but looks right/good on old Brittbikes like my '73 Norton Commando. Go figure.
😁😁😁
-
You’ve hit the nail on the head there Tim, I’m exactly the same, an old Trumpet that’s got blued headers on the pipes looks ace


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
It would look alright if the rest of the bike is blue yes! ;) How blue is my Bonnie.....
-
It would look alright if the rest of the bike is blue yes! ;) How blue is my Bonnie.....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk