Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Cumbrian on June 07, 2024, 08:25:51 PM

Title: Carb 'O' rings
Post by: Cumbrian on June 07, 2024, 08:25:51 PM
I'm repairing my carburettors and now need new 'O' rings for the float needles. I have tried 5mm I/D x 1.5mm cross-section but I can't push the needle assemby in as the 'O' ring is too fat. Can anyone advise the correct dimensions? Thanks
Title: Re: Carb 'O' rings
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 07, 2024, 08:32:56 PM
Buy a full set from Nurse Julie, for starters they are made from viton and therefore will resist modern fuel. You will also need new float bowl O-rings and these are included in the set along with the o-rings for the carb connectors. Use rubber grease on the o-rings when fitting them to prevent them shearing as you push them home.
Title: Re: Carb 'O' rings
Post by: Athame57 on June 08, 2024, 03:27:09 AM
Welcome here Cumbrian, I've got a full set of viton O rings from Nurse Julie myself as well as the full set of rings for my oil pump which is missing from some of these full gasket sets you can buy, and I can vouch for them.  ;)
Title: Re: Carb 'O' rings
Post by: Nurse Julie on June 09, 2024, 09:17:13 AM
Yes, those O rings are a special size that you can't buy off the shelf, that's why we have them made specially for us for the O ring kits we make up and sell.