Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 11, 2024, 04:52:56 PM
-
I'm sure it will work on bikes - today I tried the above product on my used XC 40.
I bought the product a couple of years ago for about £12.99 it was probably from the centre aisle at Aldi.
After washing the car normally a couple of days ago I followed the instructions, I wore eye protection as advised, sprayed it on the paintwork & all windows except the windscreen. Lightly spread product with a small pad, hosed off then leathered dry.
It rained later - great beads of water pooled on the roof & bonnet.
Anyone here used this ceramic wax?
-
Ted,
Not used your stuff, but I tried autoglym rapid ceramic spray on the roof and bonnet of a new transporter van.
Amazing shine and finish but after about three months it turned dull and patchy.
Hard work with colour restorer trying to remove it and polish it up again.
Won't be doing that again.
-
Ted,
Not used your stuff, but I tried autoglym rapid ceramic spray on the roof and bonnet of a new transporter van.
Amazing shine and finish but after about three months it turned dull and patchy.
Hard work with colour restorer trying to remove it and polish it up again.
Won't be doing that again.
It should return to normal with a repeated application ( so say the detailers & Meguire) , a lot depends on the underlying paint finish, best on metallics, if it was well polished to start with it should lock in that shine. Most Ceramic finishes work at their best on new vehicles, not so good on none metallic reds.
It might work better in soft water areas or using demineralised water - ours is pretty soft in Derby compared to some water areas.
When I worked at local MB dealership they used a trade only Ceramic Sealer Pack that you applied adding a few drops onto a small pad - left to dry then buffed up. The kit for a medium sized car contained about 150 ml iirc. Dealer charged around £700 for the exterior & interior protection pack. Kit contained fabric & leather spray treatments. The fabric treatments was very good at effectively giving you a water repellant stain resistant finish - a bit like the old Scotch Guard that is used in the UK by carpet manufacturers.
I might be in your situation in 3 months - I hope not!