Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Project Board => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 12, 2024, 09:57:19 PM

Title: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 12, 2024, 09:57:19 PM
Folk of a certain age will recognise the French Lass on the Honda ?

.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53787709340_240b3c8941_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2pX353Y)2455 (https://flic.kr/p/2pX353Y) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Johnwebley on June 12, 2024, 10:02:46 PM
Unfortunately

As mentioned on Boom radio

Francois Hardy recently left us,aged 90



Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: K2-K6 on June 12, 2024, 10:19:55 PM
Yes, a good photo Ted and on here somewhere before too.

One forum member even has a poster of it on garage wall, if I remember correctly from conversion with them at a bike meeting  :)

There's some about of Brit Ekland on a CB 450 with, and owned by Lord Litchfield too  :)

A period of some great images is that.
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 12, 2024, 10:35:14 PM
British Lady on British registered CB750 (Marc Bolan's missus). I always thought that bike was long gone in 1977 but thanks to DVLA now publishing the last date of V5C change it was changed in 2020

[attachimg=1]

Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Athame57 on June 12, 2024, 10:41:41 PM
RIP Francoise Hardy. They said ' you meet the nicest people on a Honda'. I still think Gilda Texter was the epitome of that on her Honda 350 scrambler in the film Vanishing Point, I'm sure Steve McQueen would have agreed as well!  ;D I won't risk a photo!
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 13, 2024, 06:28:42 AM
I didn't know who Gilda was - after a Google search I remembered the photo - it's a bloke thing.👍
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on June 13, 2024, 07:31:41 AM
I had know idea who she was. Apparently she did like Honda bikes but not keen of safety gear.

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: K2-K6 on June 13, 2024, 11:30:37 AM
I had know idea who she was. Apparently she did like Honda bikes but not keen of safety gear.

(Attachment Link)

Shouldn't this be in the twins & singles section of  ;D ;D  ;D
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on June 13, 2024, 12:47:19 PM
I had know idea who she was. Apparently she did like Honda bikes but not keen of safety gear.

(Attachment Link)

Shouldn't this be in the twins & singles section of  ;D ;D  ;D

Or desperately seeking maybe!
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Athame57 on June 13, 2024, 01:35:13 PM
Or desperately seeking maybe!
Desperately seeking leathers?  ;) 
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 13, 2024, 01:47:07 PM
Here's a few old timers on bikes;

Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 13, 2024, 01:48:32 PM
a couple more
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: ST1100 on June 13, 2024, 02:22:58 PM
Desperately seeking leathers?  ;)
Popular back then...
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Athame57 on June 13, 2024, 02:52:18 PM
I've just finished turning my jacket into an Esso ad of sorts.....remember the 'Tiger in your tank' days?  ;D
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Laverdaroo on June 13, 2024, 05:06:56 PM
Desperately seeking leathers?  ;)
Popular back then...
Check the boots out on eee’


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Athame57 on June 13, 2024, 05:12:06 PM


Check the boots out on eee’

Platform shoes/boots for men where a fashion crime alongside big ties and dagger collars and bellbottoms!  ::) ::) ::)
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 13, 2024, 05:50:18 PM
Almost a Gimp suit on the lass!
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Athame57 on June 13, 2024, 08:30:22 PM
Karen really knew how to style her leather stuff! Amazing biker girl who moved to Canada...read all about her! https://carpyscaferacers.com/girls-their-machines/
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: andy120t on June 14, 2024, 06:21:56 AM
I have a book called Rockers which was my bible when I first started out. Full of black and white piccies of cool sixties bikes and riders!

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/johnny-stewart/rockers-kings-of-the-road/9780859651257#GOR002070406
Title: Re: Spotted this photo whilst browsing!
Post by: Athame57 on June 14, 2024, 06:45:27 AM
Full of black and white piccies of cool sixties bikes and riders!
My elder sister was a rockers boyfriend in 1964/5 much to the disapproval of my very conservative parents. I can't remember what caused it but I remember my mum attacking him with a frying pan yelling away in german  :o  wotta palava!  But it would have made a brilliant photo!  ;D