Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Anorak's Corner => Topic started by: DomP on June 15, 2024, 12:48:44 PM

Title: Daytona speed sensor compatibility
Post by: DomP on June 15, 2024, 12:48:44 PM
Before I send this thing back can anyone see a way to get a Daytona digital to analogue speed sensor work on a Koso digital gauge that came with a cumbersome magnetic sensor?  The gauge is a D64 with 3 wire sensor, the sensor is one that fits directly into a cb550 front hub which 3 wire lead.

Myself and Roo have banged heads over it but I think I'm of the opinion it's not workable, Koso and Daytona won't comment and Digital Speedos no longer have a tech guy apparently.
Title: Re: Daytona speed sensor compatibility
Post by: DomP on July 08, 2024, 08:33:01 PM
Update on this, as the 3 wires were totally different colours and we thought we had them paired up correctly, in desperation I decided to have a play around and found the correct combination so now have a working speedo!
Title: Re: Daytona speed sensor compatibility
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 10, 2024, 07:56:48 AM
That’s fantastic Dom! Pity about the tech back up from Digital Speedos!😳
Title: Re: Daytona speed sensor compatibility
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 10, 2024, 10:23:26 AM
It might only be three wires - if my maths is right that factorial 3 i.e. 6 combinations! - well done.

Title: Re: Daytona speed sensor compatibility
Post by: DomP on July 10, 2024, 11:13:51 AM
Yeah I got lucky!  I definitely would avoid Digital Speedos at all cost based on my experience, I've yet to have a phone call answered and of late the email support has stopped as well.