Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: jake650 on June 17, 2024, 09:17:14 AM

Title: Thanks for the add
Post by: jake650 on June 17, 2024, 09:17:14 AM
Got a Cb650c RC03 engine.
About to rebuild as have an cylinder head oil leak,
Got David silvers gasket kit to do job but found out (luckily) that head I rings are too small in kit to seal it. Bike starts but needs persuasion from easy start. I have pods but bought original air box to fit after build.
Title: Re: Thanks for the add
Post by: Athame57 on June 17, 2024, 10:18:42 AM
Hello Jake and welcome here!  ;D
Title: Re: Thanks for the add
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 17, 2024, 12:03:36 PM
Hi Jake welcome to the sohc community,
I know close to nothing  about the CB650 just a bit from having rebuilt a CB400 after 50 odd decades since I owned a 250 Dream circa 1965.
Title: Re: Thanks for the add
Post by: Johnny4428 on June 17, 2024, 06:33:01 PM
Hi Jake welcome to forum and thanks for boosting the Scottish contingent on here. Common problem on here with after market gaskets being thicker than originals making the o rings inadequate.