Honda-SOHC

General => Out & About => Topic started by: Nurse Julie on June 19, 2024, 08:18:48 PM

Title: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Nurse Julie on June 19, 2024, 08:18:48 PM
Maybe of interest to some.

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 20, 2024, 05:34:27 AM
Me and my Elen are going to have to be there!!!  ;D
The weather looks promising too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Johnny4428 on June 20, 2024, 07:00:22 PM
Looks like a great meet Julie, if I leave now I should make it! 🤣
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 21, 2024, 05:22:59 PM
I've been sprucing Elen up all day for the big day!  ;D
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 22, 2024, 11:28:27 AM
Just had the Flying Banana running after a 2 year lay up. I'll be there at some point tomorrow.
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 22, 2024, 11:51:44 AM
Hi Dave
Look out for the guy with a Tiger in his Tank!  ;D
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 22, 2024, 12:02:12 PM
That sparked a memory of when I was a young Petrol Pump attendant at weekends - the Esso Men and the Tigers Tails were very popular promotional items.

4 Galls of Esso Extra was 19s 8d. - that's change out of a  £1.00 for the younger generation here.
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: andy120t on June 22, 2024, 02:56:10 PM
I have a little Esso man somewhere - an inch or so high..I've seen piccies or Rockers with them attacked to zips on leather jackets. I've no idea where it is just now though🙁
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Craizeehair on June 22, 2024, 10:08:41 PM
Just spoke to a mate of mine and we may well take a run up there sometime tomorrow.
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 23, 2024, 03:40:15 PM
Some photos of the Ace Cafe Honda day. There were five maybe six really nice 400/4's there with plently of other old Honda's also in attendance. It was good to see George and to put a face to the name :).
Hopefully a couple more people will join the forum as a result.
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 23, 2024, 04:24:08 PM
Great meeting you Dave! Don't I look horrible in that first picture with another mans bum in it?  ;D Just getting my own pics processed!
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 23, 2024, 04:50:01 PM
Pic 1/ First there were two...
Pic 2/ Then there were four
Pic 3/ Then there were five (Laverda Dave arrived
Pic 4/ I meet Laverda Dave, he is the tall one, I'm the one who forgot his teeth.
Pic 5/ A less cruel pic of me...  ;D
Goldwings seemed to dominate....
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on June 23, 2024, 04:51:42 PM
Some photos of the Ace Cafe Honda day. There were five maybe six really nice 400/4's there with plently of other old Honda's also in attendance. It was good to see George and to put a face to the name :).
Hopefully a couple more people will join the forum as a result.

Nice one Dave. 400's - fast, faster, fast, fast, faster!  :P
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Nurse Julie on June 23, 2024, 05:50:44 PM
Great photos.
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Craizeehair on June 23, 2024, 07:17:38 PM
Some photos of the Ace Cafe Honda day. There were five maybe six really nice 400/4's there with plently of other old Honda's also in attendance. It was good to see George and to put a face to the name :).
Hopefully a couple more people will join the forum as a result.

Nice one Dave. 400's - fast, faster, fast, fast, faster!  :P
I made it up there today, there were a few less when I got there…
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240623/2dc60153885e5d7024ee50a6f88395cb.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240623/70245390aaa1cf697d5d04040a55a09e.jpg)
There was a blue CB750K2 that I didn’t manage to get a picture of, then my bike and my mates K7 in front of it.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240623/a9518fc0ac89d12587e4f74bea03c40e.jpg)
Im pretty sure I saw you George at one of the tables inside, I recognised your jacket as you walked outside!
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 23, 2024, 08:00:34 PM

Im pretty sure I saw you George at one of the tables inside, I recognised your jacket as you walked outside!
Why not tap me on the shoulder.... I wouldn't have bitten you!  ;D The bike with the helmet hanging off the side in the second pic is mine.
I'm really lucky I got there at all as it happens, I dunno if Dave saw it (?) there was a drill bit sticking straight through the tread of my rear tyre sideways, needed my pliers to yank it out.  :o That would have made a bang if it went in proper!
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 23, 2024, 08:11:43 PM
Btw Craizee...was that your golden 750 in the pic? I took a photo of it myself!  ;D
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Craizeehair on June 23, 2024, 08:24:50 PM
Btw Craizee...was that your golden 750 in the pic? I took a photo of it myself!  ;D
Btw Craizee...was that your golden 750 in the pic? I took a photo of it myself!  ;D
Yes, that’s mine, I got a pic of yours as well!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240623/f3fcb04d04204106e8f4cebe79e250ca.jpg)


I would have normally said hello but we were having a cuppa with our wives, then we shot off for a ride out.
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 23, 2024, 08:47:25 PM

Yes, that’s mine, I got a pic of yours as well!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240623/f3fcb04d04204106e8f4cebe79e250ca.jpg)

I would have normally said hello but we were having a cuppa with our wives, then we shot off for a ride out.
Nice 750! Hey...that's not my bike in the pic, I would never put crash bars on! ( is for cowards!  ;D )
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 23, 2024, 08:50:05 PM
Here's mine on the left with the black plate on.
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Craizeehair on June 23, 2024, 08:52:44 PM
Here's mine on the left with the black plate on.
Sorry, wrong pic of bike with helmet! I did get a picture of your (actual) bike as well!!
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Craizeehair on June 23, 2024, 08:53:41 PM
Here's mine on the left with the black plate on.
Sorry, wrong pic of bike with helmet! I did get a picture of your (actual) bike as well!!
Should have realised, that helmet looks far more appropriate for you!
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 24, 2024, 09:30:29 AM
Why was I born so beautiful?  ;D
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 24, 2024, 11:18:13 AM
I guess you are reffing to the blonde back far right?😁😁😁
Title: Re: ACE CAFÉ
Post by: Athame57 on June 24, 2024, 11:29:08 AM
I guess you are reffing to the blonde back far right?😁😁😁
;D ;D ;D