Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Mike_Berkshire on July 01, 2024, 01:28:50 PM

Title: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: Mike_Berkshire on July 01, 2024, 01:28:50 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me what thread size the 3 screws are that go through the bucket and into the threaded tabs in the chrome rim? I don’t see thread details in the parts book. The diameter seems to be between m4 and m5. Many thanks.
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 01, 2024, 02:42:21 PM
They are a standard metric thread as I used some small Allen Key headed ones on my 500 that I had in a box of mixed metric ones - I suspect they are M5 but not 100% sure. I assume you mean the three that secure the headlamp rim & internals to the bowl.


Update parts book shows them as M5 x 16 mm this is confirmed in the middle section of the part number as well as the downloadable parts book p/n 93500-0516-0B the little spacers are not cheap..
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: SteveW on July 01, 2024, 04:19:01 PM
Pretty sure they are M5.
Only time I’ve come across M4.5 threads was for the vesa mount on my old Samsung TV.
My Lambretta has some M7 bolts if I remember correctly.
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: mickwinf on July 01, 2024, 06:17:48 PM
Nurse Julie sells them
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: Mike_Berkshire on July 01, 2024, 06:56:04 PM
Thanks guys. Must be m5. I’ll get some m5s. Mike
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: Mike_Berkshire on July 02, 2024, 06:40:36 AM

Update parts book shows them as M5 x 16 mm this is confirmed in the middle section of the part number as well as the downloadable parts book p/n 93500-0516-0B the little spacers are not cheap..

I hadn’t thought about the spacers Ted; well pointed out. I guess the plastic bucket will crack without these. I’ll have a root around in the removed screws bag and see if I have them, I don’t recall seeing these when stripping down unfortunately.
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: DomP on July 02, 2024, 08:12:09 AM
The spacers are quite expensive so I bought m5 aluminium bushes from ebay ant ised a stainless washer to make up the tophat shape
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: Mike_Berkshire on July 02, 2024, 12:55:53 PM
Great suggestion Dom. EBay here I come.
Title: Re: Headlamp Rim Screws
Post by: DomP on July 02, 2024, 03:23:57 PM
Great suggestion Dom. EBay here I come.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284388626643?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=L2304HqnQ2q&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Y0YDXM_4R0-&var=585921939019&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

M5 x 5mm length is what I bought and were a snug fit