Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: steven400/4 on October 11, 2010, 09:44:01 PM
-
anyone know where i can get some grommets for the trip arm????
-
Do you have a part number?
-
d/s dont do them plus it came complete with speedo steve
-
Sometimes you get lucky if you type the complete part number into Google.
You never know who is advertising parts out there!
-
no luck thanks steve
-
The trip grommet was never available as a separate part, however I do have an an alternative. It's a cable grommet and a sleeve that goes on the shaft. It works well and keeps the wet out. Does not look the same of course but many have been fitted without a problem. Send me a pm if you want one, I'm sure I have an image of a speedo with this grommet fitted.
-
Best image that I can get for you...
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/HondaLeaflets001-1.jpg)
-
If you want the real thing and wont accept 2nd best- Id contact Peter Horton though this site or via ebay- he refurbishes clocks to a superb standard- hes got a tacho on at present- and he will refurb your clock for you!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-CB400F-CB400-4-Restored-Tacho-/220681327614?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3361a1d3fe (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-CB400F-CB400-4-Restored-Tacho-/220681327614?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3361a1d3fe)
My brothers speedo got trashed when a white van ran his 400 over last month- Over a grands-worth on damage for a 5mph impact but with these old bikes, the cost is still yet to rise..
PatM