Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Mike_Berkshire on July 04, 2024, 01:44:19 PM
-
Hi, I am trying to source a replacement left handlebar switch for my '76 CB550K US import project bike. David Silver only seem to do the right-hand side unit. I can see there are a number of eBay sellers selling new repro ones, most of which look really rough with blobby red paint dodgy-looking buttons. Can anyone recommend a supplier I could use; I need the wires to be 'in bar' as opposed to external wiring. Im fine with a reproduction unit provided its a decent quality. Many thanks
-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174181090102
I bought both sides for £107 from the above seller in April 2023 including postage. Concealed wiring but it was a Faff getting them wired up correctly as instead of the wires being all original colour they were as below. My left side switch had 8 wires as follows.
Male - Light Blue
Male - Light Grey
Male - Black/Yellow trace
Male - White
Male- Orange
Male Black
Male - Dark Blue
Male - light Green
The right side had a lot of black wires with just a coloured trace instead of the main colours. - only 7 wires but eventually had it all working.
Quality wise I have no real reference point - they work okay - lots of spare wire that I was able to hide in the headlamp bowl.
-
Get the part number from either cmsnl or the parts book in alladins cave and google the number
-
FWIW the part number on mine is shown as 35200-377-003 on the e-bay listing.