Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Mark sharman on July 07, 2024, 07:46:15 PM

Title: 550 1974 which exhaust?
Post by: Mark sharman on July 07, 2024, 07:46:15 PM
Hi all
I need to purchase a new four pipe exhaust for the project.
Has anybody purchased the Delkavic pipes are they any good?or are the DSS version better?
Any advise experience welcome.
TIA
Title: Re: 550 1974 which exhaust?
Post by: Bryanj on July 07, 2024, 08:07:49 PM
People have bought the delkavic and reports are good PLUS it comes with ALL the fittings which will cost £100's extra atDSS
Title: Re: 550 1974 which exhaust?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 07, 2024, 08:27:16 PM
I fitted the Delkevic to my 500 it fitted pretty easily. Certainly easier than when I re-fitted my Motad system on my 400.

Right side fitted perfectly. Left side upper was a bit fiddly so had to elongate the upper bracket hole.
I think my footrest/hanger frame bracket was slightly out of shape.
Title: Re: 550 1974 which exhaust?
Post by: Mark sharman on July 08, 2024, 12:01:55 PM
Thanks guys Delkevic seems to be the way forward.