Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Anorak's Corner => Topic started by: DomP on July 08, 2024, 08:35:58 PM

Title: Carb links
Post by: DomP on July 08, 2024, 08:35:58 PM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175290940570?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CsHr3VZnR5e&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Y0YDXM_4R0-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Pretty pricey for what they are, does anyone have any in good condition knocking around before I buy these?
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: Laverdaroo on July 08, 2024, 09:52:41 PM
I might have two but not home until Thursday so can’t look at the min Dom. Have you a diagnosis or just noticed something else that needs fettling?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 08, 2024, 10:38:50 PM
I think Nurse Julie may sell these as well.
At least being new they are flat, old ones tend to be buckled and when you try and straighten them they have a habit of splitting!
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: DomP on July 08, 2024, 10:40:30 PM
I might have two but not home until Thursday so can’t look at the min Dom. Have you a diagnosis or just noticed something else that needs fettling?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Roo!  just one is a bit mangled and the other snapped through mate, it makes tightening up the nuts a bit tricky on that pair of carbs.  I haven't looked at it since I came across the dodgy plugs, I googled it and they appear legit but fakes may be pretty good maybe?

Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: Laverdaroo on July 08, 2024, 10:48:03 PM
I think it’s something to do with the writing around the plug just under the nut bit.  Whether it’s there or not or summing.

If you can hang on I’ll find em and ship em up to you bud.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: Bryanj on July 08, 2024, 11:13:09 PM
Not that expensive when you consider Honda only sell them with the adjuster assembly and if available cost 100's
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: DomP on July 09, 2024, 10:36:16 AM
Thanks Roo mate, and yes true Bryan!
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: Laverdaroo on July 09, 2024, 10:37:56 AM
I think if it’s there and nice and tidy it’s legit, if not is an immo job. Like I say, summing like that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: DomP on July 09, 2024, 07:58:34 PM
New plugs arrived Roo, look identical which begs the questin why are two of mine now fubar'd?
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: Laverdaroo on July 09, 2024, 10:17:55 PM
Forgot to send it……..


https://youtube.com/shorts/B7zQ1_rvhik?si=fqBIZqAib2gjM6Di

Not sure how accurate it is but a good benchmark test when buying I guess.

It’s certainly an interesting one mate!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 10, 2024, 06:36:01 AM
Interesting video Roo, haven’t seen that one.
Title: Re: Carb links
Post by: DomP on July 11, 2024, 06:30:42 PM
I really can't believe I'm having such bad luck, four new plugs arrived so I thought let's test them before fitting.  One has no continuity right out of the box! 

*well it still sparks even though my multimeter showed there to be no continuity from the electrode to the cap end?