Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Dolomite_ on July 13, 2024, 03:23:12 PM

Title: 56 miles down many more to go!
Post by: Dolomite_ on July 13, 2024, 03:23:12 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/O02172k.jpeg)

I've still got a few things to fettle to get the bike running perfectly but its more than ridable now.

I've had my CB400f for just over 5 years, I got the bike in 2019 and what seemed like a good project needing minimal work actually turned out to be a little bit of a lemon. After doing a top end rebuild in 2019 it looked like it wasn't that well looked after, the main chain was stretched, cam chain tensioner was seized and the tensioner bolt had snapped off deep in the crank case. Then covid happened and I was made redundant, and to top it off my dad was diagnosed with cancer during covid. Both delayed me starting the rebuild for quite a while. Unfortunately, my dad passed away in 2023 and he was my main source of help as he had rebuilt countless British bikes when he was younger so I now had to take on the rebuild by myself. But thanks to many people from the forum especially Ted and Julie I managed to do my first engine rebuild.

The cost was definitely more than I had expected, mostly the aqua blasting and a local Japanese bike restorer who helped rebuild a few things.

I'm definitely not out of questions to ask on the forum but I've been having a blast running it in, totally different to riding my 2007 vstrom 650.
Title: Re: 56 miles down many more to go!
Post by: Bryanj on July 13, 2024, 03:52:28 PM
Well done and especially for coping with the bad bits
Title: Re: 56 miles down many more to go!
Post by: Nurse Julie on July 13, 2024, 04:34:06 PM
Great work, enjoy.
Title: Re: 56 miles down many more to go!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 13, 2024, 08:12:32 PM
Well done - the fettling never stops iirc.

I can't open your photo?

Update as if by magic the photo has appeared - nice pair of tanks. 8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: 56 miles down many more to go!
Post by: DomP on July 13, 2024, 08:28:16 PM
That's a tidy looking bike!  This forum is easily the most helpful group of people I've ever known having been a member of quite a few car and bike groups over the years.
Title: Re: 56 miles down many more to go!
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 13, 2024, 11:31:52 PM
Excellent result and congratulations for reaching the finish despite the setbacks. Time to enjoy your hardwork👍