Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Bryn on July 15, 2024, 01:20:11 PM

Title: Hi there
Post by: Bryn on July 15, 2024, 01:20:11 PM
Afternoon all , after at least 150 bikes  ::) I’ve found myself a nice classic…. Had one back around 1980 so it’s bringing back good memories….

It’s an ex Henry Cole 550K3 which had a complete resto by him ( he probably only did the polishing) a few years back.

I’ve had the tank and side panels re painted as they weren’t quite right and  the tank had gained a couple of dents. Other than that just ordered  a set of plugs …trying to get it running nice and smooth.. it’s not far off I think…

Bryn
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Nurse Julie on July 15, 2024, 01:38:28 PM
Welcome Bryn, I'm pleased you joined us. We were wondering a couple of weeks ago who it was that bought that K3 😁😁😁.
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 15, 2024, 02:02:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. So it was you who bought the bike, it created a bit of interest on here. Glad you are pleased with it.
I bought a new set of plugs for mine from the spark plug company who were very good. I bought ND's as there are a lot of fake NGK's around.
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Bryn on July 15, 2024, 02:09:58 PM
Thanks both… Ordered what are allegedly genuine NGK plugs … I’ll see what arrives in the next few days  8)
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 17, 2024, 07:16:04 AM
Hi Bryn, welcome to the forum and glad that you have sorted out the dodgy Finnish with the paint and decals. (Nice lawn too)
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Gromitdog on July 17, 2024, 09:08:52 AM
Hi & Welcome Brain

You joined a lovely group of people many who have extensive knowledge of these bikes, Your bike looks fab hopefully your get some nice weather to get out and enjoy it very soon.
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 17, 2024, 09:13:05 AM
Wow Bryn - 150 bikes that's a fair count by any yardstick!

Welcome to the Forum the 500 & 550 are popular on here so lots of info available.
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Bryn on July 17, 2024, 11:02:04 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome all 8)

Bryn  ;)
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Athame57 on July 17, 2024, 02:36:52 PM
Welcome here Bryn, lovely bike!  ;D
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: andy120t on July 17, 2024, 06:08:36 PM
Hello!
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Honda enthusiast on July 21, 2024, 09:17:41 PM
Hi Bryn

Welcome 😁 nice bike , I've got one too....had mine since 1988 ...I love it

Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Matt_Harrington on July 22, 2024, 01:10:15 PM
Welcome Bryn. Thanks for joining us.....
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Bryn on July 22, 2024, 03:51:50 PM
Once again thanks for the welcome  8)

Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: andy120t on July 22, 2024, 07:48:16 PM
...,,that looks dangerously parked for the 'back to cars, we are docking shortly' stampede!
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Bryn on August 02, 2024, 01:53:51 PM
Hi Bryn

Welcome 😁 nice bike , I've got one too....had mine since 1988 ...I love it

Bloody hell… I wish I stuck with mine instead of the 150 other bike I’ve had since😳
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: AshimotoK0 on August 02, 2024, 03:49:33 PM
Welcome ! I think I linked the sale on here when it first came up recently. And I remember when it featured very early on in the Motorbike Show... seem to remember they  fitted one of those horrid  'generic replacement' front mudguards to it at the time.

The restorer was Pete Thorne..... Last I heard he was in the nick. Probably out now though. I actually met him at Stafford once and seemed like a really nice bloke.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18879227.motorbike-enthusiast-fleeced-sick-elderly-relative-150-000-oxford-con/
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Bryanj on August 02, 2024, 04:31:52 PM
Henry Cole sold it to a dealer with 4 carb kits as it wouldnt start saying it was an easy fix         PD carbs i dont think so!
Title: Re: Hi there
Post by: Bryn on August 04, 2024, 03:05:18 PM
Still not 100% right despite having the reconditioned carb set on it…. Just treated the rust in the tank with Rostio followed by the emulsion stuff…. Got the tank back on this morning….

Henry must have liked it to keep it for 4 years 🤓