Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Madgrandad on July 22, 2024, 11:53:01 AM

Title: Seat Hinge
Post by: Madgrandad on July 22, 2024, 11:53:01 AM
Hello, Does anyone on here know where I can get a seat hinge for a 1978 Honda CB400F? The part number 77201-369-000.
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 22, 2024, 12:04:43 PM
I noticed CMS had them but I suspect you would want one for less than 50 euros?
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Madgrandad on July 23, 2024, 10:04:35 AM
Yes I spotted one there, ideally I'd like to pay less 👍
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 23, 2024, 10:10:15 AM
I can't see any listed at the moment - worth keeping an eye on Steve at 400fourbits.co.uk
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: TrickyMicky on July 23, 2024, 12:35:04 PM
Feeling adventurous???   A piece of mild steel of the correct thickness, Hacksaw, drill, and an aerosol can of black paint. If it works, the satisfied grin is very hard to dislodge!!
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 23, 2024, 02:41:47 PM
Plus a decent vice when bending the ends into position.
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Madgrandad on July 23, 2024, 04:00:36 PM
I was thinking about making my own Trickymicky. I'll have a look into it.
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Mikep328 on July 28, 2024, 10:36:54 AM
Yeah, seems totally do-able!
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Deano400 on July 28, 2024, 12:53:56 PM
I think I have one. I'll have a look this afternoon and post a pic if I find it.
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Deano400 on July 28, 2024, 02:23:11 PM
[attach=1]
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Deano400 on July 28, 2024, 02:23:35 PM
[attach=1]
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Deano400 on July 28, 2024, 02:23:56 PM
[attach=1]
Title: Re: Seat Hinge
Post by: Madgrandad on August 03, 2024, 11:07:12 AM
Deano, that would of been perfect thanks but I've sourced one. 👍