Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: TezzerTel on August 06, 2024, 06:17:50 AM
-
Digging deeper in to my CB550 build it seems I have a 18" front wheel. I believe it should be 19" ?
So the question is where could this 18" wheel come from and what's the best option to get a 19" rim and new spokes?
-
If it's 18" chances are that the hub will have 4 disc mounting holes (like on the CB400F , CB250/360G5) and not 6 as used on the 19" 500 and 750s. Also 19" has 40 spokes and 18" usually 36. Best thing is to sell your 18" to fund a proper 19" wheel.
DK often have really nice wheels with good chrome & decent spokes. 750 wheel will fit unless it's off an early K0 or K7 but disc is different.
You could make a cheeky offer on this:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335479855241
-
OK thanks
I definitely have 40 spokes I counted them not sure on the amount of disk bolts though I think there is 6 but will check later
-
If its the correct hub and disc Dave Slver does different grades of rimand spoke kits
-
I might go for these when I’ve finished restoring the rest of my 550:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143367877153?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=HDr4FmkFSEC&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=DvCJAq6nRv6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
-
Yes they do look good. I was thinking of going for the David Silver aftermarket rims with the stainless spokes from that company.
-
Yes I definitely have 6 bolts holding my brake disk on so maybe someone has changed the rim at some point? The front rim doesn't have multiple holes in the centre that look like the valve can go through but the rear rim does?
Can anyone confirm the outer diameter of the spoke website on their 550 front hub ?