Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: KeithM on August 20, 2024, 03:15:19 PM

Title: New Member
Post by: KeithM on August 20, 2024, 03:15:19 PM
Afternoon everyone, just joined, have XL250K0 1973[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Johnny4428 on August 20, 2024, 03:54:39 PM
Hi Keith, welcome to the forum, nice clean bike!
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: taysidedragon on August 20, 2024, 04:10:49 PM
Very nice!  8)
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Orcade-Ian on August 20, 2024, 05:23:15 PM
Hi Keith,
Welcome to the forum - that's a lovely looking Motosport, I very nearly bought one about 20 years ago but got pipped at the post and have regretted it ever since - very rare in that condition now.
One of our good friends, now in his 80's has moved back from Orkney to Mona's Isle, somewhere Laxey way, I think - John Wilford, very well known motorcyclist on the Island - TT marshal for many years.

Ian
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Athame57 on August 20, 2024, 05:45:30 PM
Welcome here Keith, I love your bike!  ;D
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 20, 2024, 05:51:36 PM
Welcome Keith have you just restored that XL250KO - looks really nice.
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: KeithM on August 20, 2024, 07:34:20 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone, bike has not been restored, just well kept, a few bits need doing and replacing when I can around to it and if I can find some parts
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 20, 2024, 10:04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Keith. Great looking bike👍.
The IOM is a great place, I just wish it was cheaper to get there on the ferry for the TT (and there were more hotels in which to stay). I was last there in 1999, it rained for two weeks solid, every race was postponed or cut short :(.
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 21, 2024, 11:08:22 AM
I've only been to the IoM once during practice week circa 1974 - back then there were a lot of quite old cars on the road - none seemed to have the rust that you would expect for their age.

A fantastic place - I actually drove almost 800 miles around that Island in a week! Some great Architecture as well as being strangely warm at the time compaired to the mainland.