Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 21, 2024, 09:24:44 PM
-
Two accidents last Sunday in the Peak District, a triple fatal involving allegedly three Ducatis and two other vehicles followed by a double fatal involving two motorclist a couple of miles away on the same road. Not the first of such incidents this year.
We all know how vulnerable we are when out riding - stay safe everyone.
-
One of the reasons I don't tend to ride in a group. No matter how much you try to tell your self to ride at your own pace you almost always end up riding faster than you intended.
I've seen a couple of bikers follow their mate's into ditches.
On my current commute of around 100miles a day I'm using all the smaller back roads. Due to the time of year there are plenty of combines, tractors and lorries to contend with. Trouble is the more I ride the road the faster I go.
-
Sobering news Ted. At my local bike meets there are still significant contingents of crazy riders. Agree that group riding is a major contributor to the problem. I now prefer riding on my own or on IAM organised rides though the safety of those can vary from group to group. Cruising on my classic bikes with no pressure is becoming more and more my core motorcycling activity - and fettling in the garage most enjoyable of all.
-
It's been a really, really bad year so far in Lincolnshire for bike accidents and fatalities unfortunately 😢😢😢😢. The fatality figures for car drivers and bike riders is at it highest for many years.
-
Am I just getting older or are more bikers taking stupid risks than they used to.
I've witnessed many stupid overtakes recently. I wouldn't mind but when the coast is clear I soon catch up or even overtake them. Even when on the 750