Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Jeaks69! on August 26, 2024, 05:48:55 PM

Title: New member
Post by: Jeaks69! on August 26, 2024, 05:48:55 PM
Hi, thanks for accepting me. I have a 1976 CB550F, which I purchased to refurbish. It came with a spare engine and carburetors and I’m using those to build a cafe racer - Mark.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 26, 2024, 06:09:52 PM
Welcome to the sohc forum plenty of 500 & 550 owners here. 👍
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Mike_Berkshire on August 26, 2024, 07:39:00 PM
Welcome Mark. I’m rebuilding a 76 550 K2. Not cafe racer but not quite standard either.

Whatever you do don’t chuck out any bits that are original but that are not going to find their way into your finished cafe racer!

Mike
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Athame57 on August 26, 2024, 08:01:00 PM
Welcome here Mark, good luck with your project!  ;D
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Johnny4428 on August 26, 2024, 08:14:19 PM
Welcome Mark, will be interesting to see the development of your cafe build.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 27, 2024, 09:02:58 AM
Welcome on board Mark.
We like photos so please post plenty of progress pictures and especially for something different like a cafe racer👍
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Jan B on August 27, 2024, 09:03:25 PM
Welkom Mark..

You did the smart thing: buying a bike with spares