Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: beardylondon on August 27, 2024, 03:53:46 PM
-
Hi All
Please could someone advise best replacement source for the 4 x tank badge grommets on a 550, cheers.
-
Any Honda dealer but they aint cheap.
Just look up part number on cmsnl and ring your local dealer no p&p that way, dont ask them to look it up unless the parts man is near to retirement as they will just say Nah too old mate
-
I've used plastic badge cups - see my posted link on my badge restoration cheap for 10. They are like the old car badge fitting before the used self adhesive
They also fit the generator cover on a 500. I sent a pair to Ken using the others on my project.
-
I think nurse Julie on here has them.
-
I bought the genuine clips from NJ, in the end I used these - they don't damage your paint when you fit them.
Seems easier to remove the badge if needed. I think 60p each is a bargain!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404681377390
-
Thanks Ted, mine have completely disintegrated, hence I can’t emeasure them so please could you point me in the direction of the right size badge cups, thanks
-
Thanks Ted, mine have completely disintegrated, hence I can’t emeasure them so please could you point me in the direction of the right size badge cups, thanks
The dimensions are in the below link, when you fit them into the tank they are the right length, they feel a little loose in the hole but when you fit the badge it's a pretty good fit - handy if your pins are slightly bent as they give and tighten up.
There might be some that have a sligthly larger o/d but most sellers do not show sizes I have found these suitable - nothing to stop you adding some PTFE tape if you wanted to make them tighter. With the alternator having three lugs they are spot on for that location. I suspect the Hondas tank holes were probably based on Imperial at 3/16" so there might be some with that main o/d out there - old BL or Ford sizes.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404681377390
-
Thanks very much Ted!