Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Mikep328 on August 31, 2024, 02:39:54 PM

Title: Bullet connectors?
Post by: Mikep328 on August 31, 2024, 02:39:54 PM
I'm un-doing some strange wiring that the previous owner did on my
'76 400 and need a few of the correct size bullet connectors.  Is there supplier here in the UK?
Title: Re: Bullet connectors?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 31, 2024, 02:59:47 PM
They are on e bay if you search for the size plus Kojaycat sell them.
I can't remeber the diameter I'll check one of my spares with my calipers to check the size.

They are 3.5 mm or thereabouts you can buy a box set that contains male, female & the insulation covers for M & F.
I belive some Honda models used 3.9 mm mine iirc were 3.5 mm.

Like these - mine were brass ones.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152873651204?_nkw=vintage+honda+3.5+mm+bullet+connectors&itmmeta=01J6MCVPBMYSYV3NAZDWA2AJ06&hash=item2397facc04:g:uzAAAOSwx9ZavIqw&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKmJsMtXGvKCCgkd1Iqg9NWUAPrsvukLV%2FqqMK5AJpFPm%2FxGRfFEp23yvYyPSqIpOKU3xEvdTDCLjBq3cjE6dcoa2mhz6Z22lsBstpec1WGRn37BLsSMjMS%2BWq3bhzbTEO16Ma0Kj09z3K7xYBFSGpr5Kx%2FmxCdiXZRGiKqpZ2ZGWjVV3ffH9%2FAJRtnONyYfTYsTtEpdxvJhw6A%2FDUu5aMkFXP7E0nUHhs5CifeBmnllkAgDE9rHwHfIEJIndoNT5LjUX1YJRqxeF6%2BWEEZFVjNn%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_Tl7oy1ZA
Title: Re: Bullet connectors?
Post by: Deano400 on August 31, 2024, 05:22:50 PM
Link to Kojacat that Ted is referring to.

https://kojaycat.co.uk/epages/950000457.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000457/Categories/Connectors_Bullet/3.5mm_Japanese_Bullet_Connectors
Title: Re: Bullet connectors?
Post by: SteveW on August 31, 2024, 05:42:02 PM
Vehicle wiring products
Title: Re: Bullet connectors?
Post by: Mikep328 on August 31, 2024, 06:55:20 PM
Thanks guys, ordered the connectors from Kojacat!  :)
Title: Re: Bullet connectors?
Post by: ST1100 on September 01, 2024, 09:45:46 AM
Link to Kojacat that Ted is referring to.

https://kojaycat.co.uk/epages/950000457.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000457/Categories/Connectors_Bullet/3.5mm_Japanese_Bullet_Connectors
How is the material quality of those?
Got some bullet connectors (single and twin) here that seem made of rather thin brass sheets, hence don't latch very strong and can be pulled apart rather easy (especially compared to the OEM Honda ones...)
Title: Re: Bullet connectors?
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on September 01, 2024, 06:28:50 PM
I much prefer the bullet connectors from Vehicle Wiring Products... 3.9mm as top image. Solid material with a none shiny finish...gives a very secure fitting to the sockets.
The 'tinny' type bullets...3.5mm as lower image are slightly shorter and provide less crimping space for the wire/insulation termination.
Title: Re: Bullet connectors?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 01, 2024, 06:44:05 PM
FWIW when I fitted new connectors I used solder after crimping them.
I found using 3.9 connectors do not fit as they should if the switches or whatever are 3.5 m so I used 3.5 mm to match.
Yes you can switch them over if you want so they are all 3.9mm connectors.