Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: SteveW on August 31, 2024, 05:43:35 PM
-
Does anyone know the length of the upper brake hose for a 550 with UK bars please?
-
If it helps I can check my 500 that has UK bars, I think the length might be printed on the pipe. I'm out at the moment.
-
If it helps I can check my 500 that has UK bars, I think the length might be printed on the pipe. I'm out at the moment.
Thanks Ted, that would be great.
My 550 had US bars, just fitting UK bars to it.
-
Obviously my pipe is fitted so I have done my best to follow the upper hose route using a rubber pipe alongside it to measure the run.
Excluding the metal ends the actual flexi-pipe measures 10"/ 25.5 mm or thereabouts measuring from the master cylinder to the three way connector. The Banjo fittings are a tad under 2" each measuring from the end of the Banjo to the end of the crimpet part where it attaches to the hose.
The total length including the fittings is approximately 14" in total end to end laid flat. Our local car spares that sadly closed and never re-opened after covid listed hoses in their parts books in various lengths with choice of fittings.
Fancy ones are listed on e-bay braided SS etc for both £48.90 .https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164647198327?fits=UKM_Make%3AHonda&_nkw=Honda+CB500+K+1+brake+hoses&itmmeta=01J6NB0WVBYPXV2J294E7P8A2R&hash=item2655bcde77:g:gaoAAOSwd3lmZt24&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKnKX08IrpX4dAjtiC1D5wAaIuyJ%2FBObOpLvstdUgKW2iiSqWzpgmYRSQnCLkzO4fhect%2FLtqVso4EGgCuT7ky4mhrBLpk%2B02ViqOLgmT4ieGDYlVEHVOc1Rs4z%2F9YnMHsphEtV%2Bx9V0nWDUGBTiIGcE9TqEJsc29W75bEyY4K1rX21fW5Q26OctkZtUAJuWROV%2FzVgZNCcsqy%2BGlVmGp5WrsoNyeUk7PY4tLKHoBUlBDmbRAkslwnH3fhYm6FNvdxxR2cLgWvgmsEm2AX7AkmWl%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-TNg6u1ZA
-
Thanks Ted, that’s perfect.
-
Have you found a easily found replacement?
I'm looking for one myself
-
Wemoto, part number AH8566 is for the two rubber hoses and the rigid pipe at the bottom.
I emailed them asking them for the length and they came back with 37cm and 40cm for the rubber hoses.
So they are for UK handlebars.
-
That part number is coming back as a exhaust stud?
-
Wemoto, part number AH8566 is for the two rubber hoses and the rigid pipe at the bottom.
I emailed them asking them for the length and they came back with 37cm and 40cm for the rubber hoses.
So they are for UK handlebars.
My measurements at 14" is about 35.6 mm not quite enough it seems it's actually 37 cm so I was 1.4 cm short, sorry about that.
-
Wemoto, part number AH8566 is for the two rubber hoses and the rigid pipe at the bottom.
I emailed them asking them for the length and they came back with 37cm and 40cm for the rubber hoses.
So they are for UK handlebars.
My measurements at 14" is about 35.6 mm not quite enough it seems it's actually 37 cm so I was 1.4 cm short, sorry about that.
Don’t be, your measurements were perfect for me, I just wanted to be sure that I didn’t end up with the US length hoses. The upper US hose is another 10 cm longer, I’ve been using UK bars with a US top hose for the last couple of years. So I have this great loop of hose by the front lever that looks odd.
-
I’m in exactly the same situation as you Steve with 550f bars fitted I have a hose at 40cm still waiting to be fitted.
-
That part number is coming back as a exhaust stud?
Sorry AH8856
-
Hi Steve,
The website does not appear to have a search faciity is there a link for the listing?
Is it via Wemoto?
-
https://www.wemoto.com/parts/ah8856
-
Thanks Steve, looks a good price - the solid caliper brake pipe look as though its a coated outer finish or is it just a generic photo?