Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: mortyboy on September 18, 2024, 07:30:04 AM
-
I'm trying to contact Gordon Frame Kit supplier via their website but not getting a reply, and the link to purchase the kit is 'error 404'. Are they still selling these? Many thanks.
-
I belive this firm took over the item.
I too hit the 404 link when going through the menu.
I believe 404 means the website no longer exists or possibly they have an issue at their end.
Have you tried contacting them by phone or e-mail?
https://www.rrrtoolsolutions.com/
-
Yes Ted.
Error 404 is what you get when the browser can’t reach the destination page. Usually because it is an old page and no longer exists.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Mortyboy, I used this kit.
[attachimg=1]
-
[attach=1]
-
Where was that kit sourced from?
I've seen the Gordon kit, but not that one.
-
Thanks everyone. Archmills frame kit looks interesting. Where did you find it?
-
That kit's made by someone called "Archmill". LOL
Made it on my lathe a number of years ago and have sold quite a few on Fleabay. I have never put them on this site as when I joined, the site made it clear that it was not a site for selling manufactured items. Bad manners seemingly.
Anyway, the threaded bar (12mm), locknuts , washers and screws are stainless. Top hats and join bars mild steel.
This kit takes a lot longer to install/dismantle than the Gordon kit but how many times a year do you want to remove the rocker box/head or barrels.
-
That’s not entirely true.
I always warn newcomers who register and post and advert in their first few posts.
“Old timers†are welcome to sell their stuff. Especially if they have a rare skill.
Since you’ve been on here since 2012, I apologise if I gave the wrong impression back in the day.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Steve D, no apology required whatsoever. Always regarded this site as helpfull and informative, not as a money maker.
-
I think it's great that members here can make parts that benefit all who rebuild these old bikes or need help keeping them going. I fitted a set of SS exhaust collets via NJ that I used when fitting my DS replica 500 system to name but one source.
For reasons I have never fully understood the odd member has left this site as a result of unknown background hassle when he made some lovely SS wheel spacers.
I for one applaud that this site does what it does so very well. It's the best I have ever encountered by far.