Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Other Bikes => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 20, 2024, 12:09:41 PM

Title: This bike is mental - an ex-work mate has just bought it.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 20, 2024, 12:09:41 PM
This is a Suzuki 1400 Turbo with 270 bhp that my mate Neil has just bought.

I know Neil used to race at Santa Pod but this amount of power on a road bike only one word Mental.

.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54008509828_65f1b027ea_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qhxJkW)IMG-20240919-WA0003 (https://flic.kr/p/2qhxJkW) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
Title: Re: This bike is mental - an ex-work mate has just bought it.
Post by: DomP on September 20, 2024, 12:57:16 PM
With that K&N straight lines only!
Title: Re: This bike is mental - an ex-work mate has just bought it.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 20, 2024, 01:06:22 PM
It spoils the appearance of what otherwise looks a well built bike.

I know Neil is changing the rear dampers as the damper spindles looks really thin.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54008364916_97776c68d3_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qhwZgs)right side (https://flic.kr/p/2qhwZgs) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr

Title: Re: This bike is mental - an ex-work mate has just bought it.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 20, 2024, 01:15:56 PM
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54008371011_e166388c3f_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qhx25x)rear shot (https://flic.kr/p/2qhx25x) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
Title: Re: This bike is mental - an ex-work mate has just bought it.
Post by: SumpMagnet on September 20, 2024, 11:49:57 PM
I'm more scared of the quote I would get for insurance rather than the power output.
Title: Re: This bike is mental - an ex-work mate has just bought it.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 21, 2024, 09:25:15 AM
My mate has owned some crazy bikes over the almost 20 years I have known him, my favourite amongst his bike was a Ducati Diavel it looked fast standing still. Never understood why he changed it for a KTM. He now works in the motorcycle trade as a service manager over few branches of a well known retailer I knew him as a Service Team Manager at local Merc Dealers where I worked after retiring from the Fuzz.