Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: florence on September 23, 2024, 11:21:17 AM
-
Having battled with slipping clutch for many years and having eliminated oil and outside factors such as cable and adjuster, and reading road tests from the seventies that all mention the dreaded slippage, can anyone recommend a good supplier for reliable plates?
Perhaps I might fit plates from a different model? I read an old article recently that suggested the clutch plates from the 450 were less prone to slipping and the chap in the article claimed he was able to do a 'wheelie' once he had fitted them. I don't know whether this is true. Also, my CX500 had a very similar clutch which did not slip.
https://www.cb500fourcollection.com/post/low-buck-clutch-cure
-
In the parts book scan on here somebody has pencilled in use CB77 clutch springs and CB450 friction plates... may have been Bryan.
-
In my 500,I use EBC
Seems to work OK,
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Was in there when i got it Ash
-
So it looks as though I will have to be unscientific and change two variables at once, i.e., EBC kit for CB450 :)
-
So it looks as though I will have to be unscientific and change two variables at once, i.e., EBC kit for CB450 :)
The ones I fitted were references
CK1135
I wouldn't be surprised if they also are listed for the 450
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
CK1140 for the 450 so may be different, not sure. £49.
-
Difference is straight grooves to slanted grooves and reason for change was the 500 could slip on take off, i personaly think that was an effect of the operating mech+pushrod.
My first one slipped on take off for the years i owned it but never wore out