Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 01, 2024, 05:32:06 PM

Title: Finally fitted the 400 clutch cable guide!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 01, 2024, 05:32:06 PM
I've had my SS clutch guide bracket for a good six months as they were hard to find.  I had a members home made part as a temporary fix attached with a cable tie to a right angle bracket.

I had retained a copy of where it shoud fitted so used this old posted photo for reference - the job actually went quite smoothly for a change.

.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54035658218_bb0718682b_z.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qjWSBC)400F - Clutch Cable Guide 2 (https://flic.kr/p/2qjWSBC) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Finally fitted the 400 clutch cable guide!
Post by: Athame57 on October 02, 2024, 10:28:18 PM
A splendid feat of engineering!  ;D
Title: Re: Finally fitted the 400 clutch cable guide!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 03, 2024, 09:24:24 AM
I gave up trying to do the job without removing the rear strap loop on the tank - I managed to undo the bolt but getting the bracket in place whilst fighting the clutch cable was a losing war. I'd not be much of a keyhole surgeon.

Drained the tank  then with the rubber part uncliped I used a rubber block  to support the tank - easy. I then spotted something else that needed tweaking so removed the tank anyway.
Title: Re: Finally fitted the 400 clutch cable guide!
Post by: Laverdaroo on October 04, 2024, 01:40:59 PM
Drained the tank  then with the rubber part uncliped I used a rubber block  to support the tank - easy. I then spotted something else that needed tweaking so removed the tank anyway.


 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Finally fitted the 400 clutch cable guide!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 04, 2024, 05:09:15 PM
It's all back together ready for winter storage.👍👍👍

If I get a warm day this month I'll give the 500 a run.😁😁😁