Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on October 03, 2024, 12:03:33 PM

Title: Photos!
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 03, 2024, 12:03:33 PM
Anybody else having problems posting pics today? Had taken a screen shot with iPad to reduce the size but still saying file too large, although I know it’s not!
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: Laverdaroo on October 04, 2024, 01:36:50 PM
Always have issues, one of the reasons I dont as a rule Johnny. Tried earlier but no dice and still doesnt want to play ....
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: royhall on October 04, 2024, 03:39:48 PM
Just posted a thread with four pictures without any problems at all.
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: andy120t on October 05, 2024, 07:36:41 AM
My piccies tend to be too large and I haven't worked out how to resize,  so I've had to resort to screenshots from my phone.
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: DomP on October 05, 2024, 07:59:59 AM
I reduce mine to 40% size om my phone first
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 05, 2024, 08:01:52 AM
I know this is a small sample but is it time to increase the limit?

Server space is cheaper (per Gb) now than ten years ago.

If so, what would be a good limit?

I always use Tapatalk and it gives me the option of image size. I always pick medium which is normally 1024x576. Never fails.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: royhall on October 05, 2024, 08:05:25 AM
Don't know if this helps as it's not free. I bought a package of software years ago called AVS4YOU. It has lots of useful media manipulation tools, but the AVS image converter tool is superb for changing formats and file sizes. I use it all the time for forums and email's photo sizes. I think there may be a free version of that tool, you would have to check online.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 05, 2024, 09:10:19 AM
I use photopea for my website stuff. The free version is fine, albeit peppered with ads.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 05, 2024, 09:24:57 AM
I think I have a bit of a break through here. I have an iPhone 12 mini and have gone into settings and scrolled to camera and set to format - high efficiency reduced file per pic size from 47.. to 22.. mb.
Haven’t tried posting yet but will try later. Very helpful comments above also. Steve I used to get that option to resize prior to posting but that option disappeared probably on an operating system upgrade.
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: royhall on October 05, 2024, 12:19:00 PM
Steve. If it's cheap enough perhaps we could double the limit. That would help with people posting just 1 or 2 photo's. Anymore and they would probably have to be reduced anyway.
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: taysidedragon on October 05, 2024, 01:26:19 PM
On my Android phone, Samsung Galaxy, I go to edit and then the 3 dots top right corner gives me a resize option.
Going down to 60% or 80% usually takes the photo below 3mb. Save as a copy if you want to keep the original file size as well.
Sometimes just cropping a photo a bit reduces the file size enough. 👍
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 05, 2024, 01:49:41 PM
Johnny, I have an iPhone 12 too.

The high efficiency settings create a .heic file which is unreadable on non-Apple devices. There is a Windows app that allows PCs to read heic files but isn’t free.

I always set my phones to “more compatible” rather than “more efficient. This creates a jpeg file which is universal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 05, 2024, 02:51:38 PM
Got ya Steve.
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: royhall on October 05, 2024, 07:09:32 PM
If you go to this website AVS image converter is freeware. Works like a charm on all formats including heic.  AVS Free Image Converter is a reliable tool to resize images and to convert JPEG JPG PNG CR2 PDF (avs4you.com) (https://www.avs4you.com/avs-free-image-converter.aspx)
Title: Re: Photos!
Post by: andy120t on October 06, 2024, 10:04:38 AM
...I can't find a resize option on my Samsung. User error, probably..I'll keep looking!