Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on October 25, 2010, 11:58:32 PM
-
Any thoughts on my post on the SOHC4 Site?
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=78890.0 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=78890.0)
Cheers
Ash
-
I use this silicone damping fluid, ebay item number 290489033958. Quite expensive but there's enough to fill dozens of dampers. The instruments should always be stored face up. If you have ever seen a new boxed instrument there's a label on it stating 'store face up'. I have had a few new old stock instruments that have not been stored correctly and the fluid has found it's way onto the face. I've managed to remove the fluid from the face using a spray glass cleaner, the type used for spectacles. Great care is needed but it did make a significant improvement. The effectiveness of this method may depend on the face colour, the particular one I recall had a black face.
It's interesting to note that some instruments of the same still age retain their damping, some don't and without any evidence of leakage onto the face.
-
Thanks for that kent
How about this
http://www.turntablebasics.com/silicone.html (http://www.turntablebasics.com/silicone.html)
Cheers
Ash
-
Looks like the same product as I use but less money! Clearly someone is making a good profit
-
::) i have always used wd-40 (spanner inna can) when ever i have opened up my clocks, come to think of it i use it for everything :-* awesome stuff you gotta love it
-
WD40 "Silicone free since 1953" - so not silicone!!!
-
I have just found in my emporium about 750cc (coincidence!!) of CF 900 Minolta laser fuser silicone oil (dimethyl polysiloxane). Anyone know if its any good for instrument dampers? Would be prepared to give small amounts away free to members if it turns out to be OK. I will have to wait till next week to measure its viscosity.
Heard its also used in breast inplants - Jordan Types need not apply for a free sample!!!!
Cheers
Ash
-
Glycerine as is, or can be thinned down with top q white spirit...... pure glycerine avaiable from most reputable pharmacy's and cheap as chips