Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Project Board => Topic started by: Jan B on October 21, 2024, 09:22:57 PM

Title: Jan's CB750 K2
Post by: Jan B on October 21, 2024, 09:22:57 PM
I know we all love a piccie or two so here's one of my longterm project. It started almost 4 years ago. Spent some time with dismanteling, sourcing parts, rechroming some bits and bobs. The frame has been powdercoated. The orginal exhausts need some polishing and the battery needs to be fitted. Now I'am in the final stages of assembling.

Before:
[attachimg=1]

Now:
[attachimg=2]
Title: Re: Jan's CB750 K2
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 21, 2024, 09:31:03 PM
Looking very good.👍
Title: Re: Jan's CB750 K2
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 21, 2024, 09:31:56 PM
Nice job you’ve made there. You’re going to end up with a cracking bike. Thank god you’ve not put that horrible tappet covers back on! 😂
Title: Re: Jan's CB750 K2
Post by: Sesman on October 21, 2024, 09:33:28 PM
An interesting project and it’s looking 👍. Out of interest, how did you secure the RH disc brake line grommet. Is there a proprietary bracket? I’m about to fashion my own for a CB550 dual disc conversion, but if an item will fit from another model, even with a little fettling, I’d father go that route.
Title: Re: Jan's CB750 K2
Post by: Jan B on October 21, 2024, 09:48:05 PM
@Sesman, I haven't yet, but on the k2 (the early ones) there is a possibility to attach the clip to the caliperarm bracket. I'am still debating this soltution because the fastener comes very close to the rim.
Title: Re: Jan's CB750 K2
Post by: Sesman on October 21, 2024, 11:13:26 PM
I wonder if a early Goldwing bracket might be persuaded to fit, or even a Kawasaki bracket?