Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: TezzerTel on October 23, 2024, 07:14:20 PM

Title: Handlebar clamps
Post by: TezzerTel on October 23, 2024, 07:14:20 PM
I've just cleaned my handle bar clamps ready to refit them and noticed a dot to one side. I'm guessing this is for orientation but do they go fore or aft?
Title: Re: Handlebar clamps
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 23, 2024, 07:24:12 PM
I believe that faces towards the front. If you place them on a flat piece of glass that mark will be on the higher part of the casting at the front.
IIRC you torque the front first then the rear, similar to the lower fork axle clamps.
Someone here will confirm I suspect it's covered in the manual.
Title: Re: Handlebar clamps
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 23, 2024, 08:32:52 PM
As Ted says, tighten front first, then the back, there will be a small gap at join at the back once clamped, which is correct.
Title: Re: Handlebar clamps
Post by: Bryanj on October 23, 2024, 09:41:49 PM
It is in the pdi and setup sheets in Ashs dropbox
Title: Re: Handlebar clamps
Post by: TezzerTel on October 23, 2024, 10:56:17 PM
Thanks all