Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: TezzerTel on November 02, 2024, 07:08:05 PM

Title: Cush Drive
Post by: TezzerTel on November 02, 2024, 07:08:05 PM
Now I've finally got my rear hub apart (GEEEEEZZ😳) how to I tell if the drive rubbers need replacing?
Title: Re: Cush Drive
Post by: Johnwebley on November 02, 2024, 07:27:23 PM
Now I've finally got my rear hub apart (GEEEEEZZ) how to I tell if the drive rubbers need replacing?
Are they soft and malleable?

Or hard and stiff?



Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Cush Drive
Post by: TezzerTel on November 04, 2024, 05:51:43 PM
They are quite hard but not sure how hard they should be?
Title: Re: Cush Drive
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 04, 2024, 05:58:06 PM
The new ones I would describe as quite soft - have the locating bobbles broken off - that might be a sign of having gone hard?
Title: Re: Cush Drive
Post by: TezzerTel on November 04, 2024, 06:47:40 PM
The location thingys are all present they are soft enough to get out without breaking them
Title: Re: Cush Drive
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 04, 2024, 06:54:45 PM
That sounds like they are not too bad then.