Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Pauarc on November 04, 2024, 11:27:22 AM

Title: Putting to bed for winter
Post by: Pauarc on November 04, 2024, 11:27:22 AM
Have drained the petrol from carbs and tank what’s the opinion on disconnecting the battery as well
Title: Re: Putting to bed for winter
Post by: Athame57 on November 04, 2024, 01:35:41 PM
I would disconnect the battery of anything to be laid up because of the fire risk issue.
Title: Re: Putting to bed for winter
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 04, 2024, 01:46:42 PM
Remove the battery and connect to charger every few weeks.
Title: Re: Putting to bed for winter
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 04, 2024, 02:08:16 PM
I have always used a smart charger (C-Tek) on our little used Merc it's effectively almost permanantly connected, the maintainance pulse charge keeps it topped up. We have owned the car for 21 years it's on it's second battery, the first one was normal lead/acid now we have a AGM type as they were on offer.

I have a second charger that I use on my bikes, I connect the charger up once a month, after about 4 hours or less the charger moves into the green zone display. Then repeat on the next bike. It's best not to let the voltage drop bellow 12.2 volts to prolong battery life.