Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Project Board => Topic started by: Ken4004 on November 06, 2024, 02:36:55 PM

Title: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: Ken4004 on November 06, 2024, 02:36:55 PM
Just a little information for anyone thinking of rewiring or repairing their bike wiring loom.
I have bought the tools and crimps on the internet , had a little trouble finding a 5 into one crimp for some of the earthing but found a company called Kojaycat Automotive and marine in Scotland please see pics attached.
I have also bought the correct crimp tools and all the other bullet crimps and connectors and have nearly finished all the rewiring so hopefully no issues with bad corroded connections.
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 06, 2024, 03:08:56 PM
Kojaycat are a well know supplier as is Vehicle Wiring Products. Big Al on the forum also makes complete new looms which are excellent and Electrex World supply very good looms.
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 06, 2024, 03:39:28 PM
If you decide not to replace your loom Kojaycat sell the various plastic block connectors to you can release the existing male or female terminals by pressing down on the tang end, clean them up then re-fit into new unbroken or yellowed blocks.
I sent a photo via their enquiry email to make sure I bought the right block connectors.

On my 400 I bought a new loom from Elextrex World, the colours were correct.
On my 500 I just fitted new block connectors, made up small looms like for the tail lights myself.
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on November 06, 2024, 05:21:39 PM
Last time I looked Auto-star only sold the correct classic Honda 8-way latched connectors. However. Kojaycat do sell the the 2.3.4.6.9 correct latched connectors for classic Honda motorcycles.
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: Bryanj on November 06, 2024, 05:29:48 PM
If i want the blocks i go to Big Al, he has got the exact ones and more importantly a forum member
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 06, 2024, 06:28:57 PM
I'll give Big Al a try for my Superdream connectors, a while away from needing them, probably early next year.
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: Ken4004 on November 07, 2024, 11:47:28 AM
Just found this link I have had for a few years in my notes some of you may find this useful

www.dansmc.com/electricaltesting.htm
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 08, 2024, 10:37:27 PM
Definately some useful info there Ken.
Title: Re: Reworking Honda wiring loom
Post by: Laverda Dave on November 09, 2024, 10:38:15 AM
Just found this link I have had for a few years in my notes some of you may find this useful

www.dansmc.com/electricaltesting.htm

Some great info there Ken. I know a lot of this has been said before but not all in one place if memory serves me correctly.
Would it be a good idea to add this into the Aladdins Cave ?