Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: TezzerTel on November 08, 2024, 07:56:59 PM

Title: Gaskets
Post by: TezzerTel on November 08, 2024, 07:56:59 PM
Looking for a gasket set I see David Silvers lists 2 different gasket sets at quite different prices.  Is the cheaper one any good or best to avoid?
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 08, 2024, 08:34:07 PM
I have the Vesrah one this time, and noticed it was the blue one I had last time and no leaks anyway after about 1500 miles or so. Cant say whether I found much difference really.
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 08, 2024, 08:35:35 PM
In order of preference, OEM, VESRAH, NE BRAND, ATHENA,. But, to be honest, it's more about the way the gasket surfaces are prepared and the way gaskets are fitted more than the brand.
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Bryanj on November 08, 2024, 08:38:42 PM
Some dont have the rubber pucks, as the yanks call them, that seal the holes where you get to head nuts
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 08, 2024, 08:39:43 PM
The DS ones definately don’t have them.
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 08, 2024, 08:41:02 PM
Some dont have the rubber pucks, as the yanks call them, that seal the holes where you get to head nuts
I've always thought that weird Bryan, that's why I hold stock of them.
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: TezzerTel on November 08, 2024, 08:45:16 PM
Looking like this one then!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315320856067?_skw=315320856067&itmmeta=01JC6RADM4DC27DRCAMB0CDQST&hash=item496a966e03:g:EGoAAOSwK4NlahXR&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKmb7nT35bredA0XBhkL%2Fia2mXtStlmP2g92ZD1Qradt%2F4unMHRkstG1p9nmj77kIym%2BfoYtkU6POqOrxupdiAI9AokNaeaB8ZOGVK2ELeAGa28GV%2Ftq6XGXjQMB6w5luwrPY25VTm8eP0L1zcAsxGnT6EyQLa%2BiUFbUoDr4hyy%2FJXzM5nakxBNnyGKSGOHQq931J5u24lRExA5GeOP53BYyOGNj0uEI4qlfl%2Bz4eKVFKYV1ZTVKF8YCekC%2BfS23lRw%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR47aqdjhZA
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Bryanj on November 09, 2024, 07:53:57 AM
That set definately dont have them pucks
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: DomP on November 09, 2024, 08:05:03 AM
Vesrah set doesn't have them either, mad considering the cost of it.
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Bryanj on November 09, 2024, 11:56:24 AM
Several years ago i imported several sets from the US and sold a few on the forum at cost, dont think i have spare and cant get to them at moment anyway
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 09, 2024, 12:04:43 PM
They were in that set I had from you Bryan iirc.
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Bryanj on November 09, 2024, 12:11:57 PM
You were one of the people Ted
Title: Re: Gaskets
Post by: Sesman on November 09, 2024, 03:40:17 PM
From experience, I prefer the Vesrah product, with Pontefract cakes from me Julie.