Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on November 08, 2024, 09:26:37 PM
-
Just noticed that DS had changed web layout.
-
Why fix what wasn't broke? :o The website ( assuming it isn't just me ;) ) that really needs sorting is the https://www.400fourbits.co.uk/ . Steve, I can't get half your thumbs to display, not in ages! :o
-
Why fix what wasn't broke? :o The website ( assuming it isn't just me ;) ) that really needs sorting is the https://www.400fourbits.co.uk/ (https://www.400fourbits.co.uk/) . Steve, I can't get half your thumbs to display, not in ages! :o
I see all thumnails on Steves' site.
Try different browsers.
-
What's annoying about DS is that there are quite a few parts on the site that dont show when you chose your model in the drop down menu
-
What's annoying about DS is that there are quite a few parts on the site that dont show when you chose your model in the drop down menu
True, he just seems to list the more popular parts. For the rest you need to know the part number.
-
I used the new site yesterday. I think the old site has been going for at least 10 years and needed a refresh. Not sure yet if the new site is any better than the old site as I can't see any additional features.
One of the features of the old site that I found really annoying was the cancellation of the shopping basket after a few days. When I am restoring a bike I add the parts I may require onto a shopping list to order at a later date when the list is complete. The DSS site would keep the list for probably a week and then delete it! The other issue was the ordering process, sometimes when adding a part to the order and then going back onto the parts list the system would take me straight back to the top of the page meaning having to scroll down to where I originally was. Hopefully the new system has now solved these two bugs🙏.
-
I don't like the stacked menu look on this page.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54126244082_2d4226a276_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qsX9CS)PXL_20241109_111329939 (https://flic.kr/p/2qsX9CS) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
Used bike section looks a lot better.
This looks pretty good
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/honda-cb500k0-four-1971-gold-103714/
-
That does look ok but may have been repanted, no stickers below sidepanel badges and doesnt look like a preserve nature on tank
-
For “very early†I’d expect square crankcase ribs.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
For those (of us) who run webshops, customers who place items in their basket are effectively removing them from sale and reducing the stock levels.
Most sites will give you 10-20 minutes to checkout before clearing the basket.
You need a different way to bookmark items. If he doesn’t offer “save for later†(like Amazon etc), then just bookmark the link on your browser.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
That 500 has a "breadbox" air cleaner and a wierd horn mounting as well, i would want to view that carefully to see, yes Steve very early would be square cases but they did change in 71 on the K0, i think about the same time the block connectors went from round pin to spade connectors which was from 1033421 about 8/71
-
For those (non-anoraks) or newcomers who haven’t a clue what we are talking about, here’s a photo of an early 500/4 with the square cases.
This is a 4/71 bike.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20241109/176ddd0625814a90e686bd6482afe5b6.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk