Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => Other Bikes => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 09, 2024, 10:11:14 PM
-
Now that the engine is out with the bike turned round on the ramp and back on the center stand I have found a snag!
On my 500 I put the dual type Scissor Jack under the bottom of the frame tubes, clamped the rear wheel, strap over the rear of the frame , as I raised the Jack the front wheel lifted up, slid the panel out, wheel removed.
On the Superdream there are no tubes on the bottom of the frame, can't really figure out where to jack up the bike to raise the front wheel.
Only thing I can think of at the moment is do I take out the rear wheel then try pulling down on the rear of the swing arm using a strap to tilt the front end upwards?
-
I must have been too tired last night to see the obvious - removed the calipers, discs, fender, that lighted the front end.
Undid the main axle bolt then the one clamp on the right side, the front end was now almost off the ground.
Out the wheel came in less than 20 minutes!