Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => SOHC Singles & Twins => Topic started by: Rozabikes Tim on November 10, 2024, 08:13:35 PM

Title: A good buy?
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on November 10, 2024, 08:13:35 PM
No expert but looks a good starting point?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335667093385?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=z6lZUhiKQRq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Wwl4JSf7QJi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: Johnwebley on November 10, 2024, 08:19:18 PM
Looks good

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: Skoti on November 10, 2024, 08:57:32 PM
Original and unmolested.

That's what folk look for nowadays.

Ready to just clean up a bit and ride maybe?
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 10, 2024, 09:30:55 PM
My mate has one for sale that he recently restored ... I painted the pinstripes on the tank for him ... what a pain  in the ar$e that was.  ::) He, along with Ben Powell on here, bought the pinstripes as decals for £65 from a guy in France and both ended up scrapping them as they wouldn't conform to the bulbous shape of the K3 & K4 tanks.  I got him the silencers specially made to original Honda spec and everything has been rechromed apart from rims that were nice anyway.

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: andy120t on November 11, 2024, 07:23:31 AM
Yes - just give it a wash and ride it! Looks great.
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: Sesman on November 11, 2024, 08:22:59 AM
Yes, goodbye to a load of dosh😁
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 11, 2024, 08:24:01 AM
A very honest looking bike, not sure what type of owner would spend £1400 on it to then leave it as it is.
I think if it was a nostalgia trip the spend might be hefty but the project very rewarding.

I make this comment having bought a 400 Superdream so a new owner might be a nutter like me.

I am always surprised when I see the stats on this site how many guests there are compared to members online, a testimony to the continued interest in old Hondas despite the current market.

I was stunned to see my 500 K1 project read over 90,000 times!
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 11, 2024, 09:30:17 AM
A very honest looking bike, not sure what type of owner would spend £1400 on it to then leave it as it is.


Acres of chrome on that bike and silencers, even though solid, will be corroded inside and would probably never rechrome (£400-600 to have rechromed anyway and downpipes around £150 to rechrome).
Ask my mate ... you could easily spend another £2k++ getting it to look lovely.
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: Murf on November 11, 2024, 12:28:37 PM
Have to laugh at these adds where it say the tyres are old but still good with plenty of tread !!!😂😂😂.
Anyone up for trying them out on a wet bendy road at 60 MPH. 🤕
Title: Re: A good buy?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 18, 2024, 11:39:33 PM
Someone I know, who used to be big into CB92's,just messaged me to say he bought it. Will update if I find any info about it.