Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Project Board => Topic started by: Ken4004 on November 11, 2024, 06:32:16 PM

Title: Honda 400 4 head light birds nest
Post by: Ken4004 on November 11, 2024, 06:32:16 PM
Hi everyone just finishing off the wiring and have been changing all the connectors on the wiring loom, I just wondered if anyone has a good method of tidying up the wiring in the headlight shell.

I can’t believe it’s all just pushed in there must Be a preferred method of dressing the cables to allow the headlight to be fitted easily , looking forward to your thought on the subject.
Title: Re: Honda 400 4 head light birds nest
Post by: Johnwebley on November 11, 2024, 06:37:07 PM
Wait till spring, hopefully a local black bird will do it for you

You will have to wait until the birds have flown the nest


Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Honda 400 4 head light birds nest
Post by: Bryanj on November 11, 2024, 06:54:59 PM
Practice your origami
Title: Re: Honda 400 4 head light birds nest
Post by: Athame57 on November 11, 2024, 07:00:47 PM
Wait till spring, hopefully a local black bird will do it for you
Nah....much more a Robin's kind of territory!  ;D
Title: Re: Honda 400 4 head light birds nest
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 11, 2024, 07:43:15 PM
I just did the best I could with the wiring spreading it out radially using some tape to hold it in place, now that I have fitted a 500 standard rim with a Land Rover LED headlamp there is lots of room as the LED units are relatively slim. Not for the purists as I fiitted fork clamps as the 500 bowl is deeper, bonus is it's much brighter than the standard Candle  like lamp. I retained the original 400 bracket for added sturdyness.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53411967203_4c6a41f97e_w.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2pnQi1g)400 lamp change 2 (https://flic.kr/p/2pnQi1g) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr

.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53411795286_38f5784a65_w.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2pnPpUb)400 lamp change (https://flic.kr/p/2pnPpUb) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Honda 400 4 head light birds nest
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 11, 2024, 08:01:37 PM
Make a hole in the centre of the birds nest to allow the bulb holder on the back of the light to fit in the hole. A Masters Degree in Spaghetti Arranging helps hugely.
Title: Re: Honda 400 4 head light birds nest
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on November 11, 2024, 08:46:55 PM
Just push the wires & connectors back very carefully...ensure the correct fuse is fitted and switch on...!
I think the CB250/400N had a grid plate for the head light shell connectors?