Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: simongi on November 05, 2010, 09:22:40 AM

Title: New member on first cb750
Post by: simongi on November 05, 2010, 09:22:40 AM
Hi guys. I have just bought a CB750 1978 and I think its an F2 due to fact it has 4 in 1 pipes, twin discs on front and comstar wheels. Everything is there  just a bit tatty so its going to gets the works (within reason!! ) I have many many questions. First one being am I right about the model? I have seen a lots of piccies of F2's with black engines. Mine is alloy. Shoulds it be black?. Also does the head need converting to run unleaded, or do most of you guys just put in additive? Mine also does not have a centre stand. Is that because of the exhaust clearance. Can I fit one and does it have to be from an F2?.  Sorry for all the questions. I pick it up tomorrow and I can't wait to get my teeth in to it. THanks. ::)
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on November 05, 2010, 09:33:05 AM
Hi and welcome.

For positive identification, post the frame and engine numbers here.

F2 had a black engine but yours may have been swapped for a K-series (some say they were a more robust, if less powerful engine)

Just use normal unleaded, these bikes were made for it in the 70's

It should have a centrestand - exhaust clearance would not have been an issue as it was designed that way. Take a look underneath and you should be able to see the mountings - then off to eBay!
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: Bryanj on November 05, 2010, 10:38:55 AM
Need pics and numbers as exhaust may be pattern
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: UK Pete on November 05, 2010, 04:53:46 PM
Hi Simongi, welcome to the site, if possible load up a few pictures on here and we can tell you what you have got, it certainly sounds like an f2 from your description, i have two f2's although niether of them are on the road yet, click on my rebuild thread if you want to see what i have been up to with mine
Pete
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: simongi on November 08, 2010, 08:19:44 AM
Hi Again. Blimey that was quick. I've now collected the bike over the weekend and the Frame No is CB750G-1007797. Eng No B750E-1006436. I put a bit of charge in the bat and its starts and runs. ....although it won't tick over. I think it is an F2 because the engine has been black, but about 90% of the paint has come off!!. The tank is spayed (badly) yellow, but log book says it should be blue. Is there any info anywhere for paint codes and graphics I can get my hands on. Thanks for all the links, I shall enjoy looking at them. Cheers
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: F2 Paul 876 on November 08, 2010, 06:23:46 PM
Hi Welcome to the site, the info you ask for is below hope it helps.
I was at a spray shop today and only talking about Honda F2 paint codes and they have all the Honda one's he showd me the colour chip book and says they can mix all of them.
I like Pete have 2 F2's and none on the road just doing one up at the mo see my F2 build its on this bit.
See ya Paul
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: simongi on November 09, 2010, 09:06:38 AM
thanks F2 paul. Good info.
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 09, 2010, 12:08:13 PM
I have a k7 centrestand but the pivot tube is seized
Title: Re: New member on first cb750
Post by: simongi on November 10, 2010, 08:34:40 PM
Hi. will your K7 centre stand fit an F2 frame??