Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 06, 2024, 05:25:55 PM

Title: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 06, 2024, 05:25:55 PM
A member kindly sent me a few of the rivett things for re-attaching the chassis plate.
All used up now, anyone know what size they are & where I can get a few more from?
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: Bryanj on December 06, 2024, 07:19:45 PM
I will try and remember Ted
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: Bryanj on December 06, 2024, 07:22:54 PM
Firm and pic should be attached BUT dont know the size you want Ted
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 06, 2024, 08:10:20 PM
My 400 & 500 were the same size so figured  the SD will be the same.

I think they are smaller than 3/16".
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: Bryanj on December 06, 2024, 09:18:44 PM
Probabl are Ted, i didnt have time to look closely at the site, thats where mine came from and i had to order twice to get the correct size.
3/16 is the length the diameter is 00 or 2, which are number sizes one is 60 thou the other 80 thou ish or 1.5mm or 2 mm.
If you search on Accu web site for different sizes
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: TezzerTel on December 06, 2024, 09:31:40 PM
I need a couple of these for my project too. I think I think I drilled the old ones out and used a 1.5mm drill (0.060"). I'll try and measure the holes tomorrow
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2024, 10:58:13 AM
Thanks for the link Bryan, I think I have a damaged new one that I kept with the correct sized drill bit, I was sent the rivetts by either you or Ken I think for my 400.

If I can find the damged one I'll try to measure the diameter and post it for reference as a starting point.
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2024, 12:01:12 PM
The drill bit has no markings, it measures 2.13 mm / 0.083" on the shank.

My damaged rivett looks like it was 4'5-5 mm long / diameter 2.15 ?

Looking at the Accu site the closest is nose diam 0.083"/2.108 mm, thread length 3/16" / 4.763 mm

Accu says thats No2 3/16", £1.80 for 12 with postage that's £8.46

https://www.accu.co.uk


Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2024, 12:14:59 PM
I need a couple of these for my project too. I think I think I drilled the old ones out and used a 1.5mm drill (0.060"). I'll try and measure the holes tomorrow

I'm sending you a PM.
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: Bryanj on December 07, 2024, 01:55:12 PM
Thats one of the two sizes i bought Ted, the other was smaller so good chance you are correct
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: TezzerTel on December 07, 2024, 04:24:14 PM
My holes are about 0.078" so hopefully they will be nice and tight
Title: Re: Chassis plate - hammer in drive screw rivett size?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 08, 2024, 05:23:51 PM
The Rivets arrived today from Accu, they are No2.x 3/16" SS Hammer Dive round head. They are the right size for my SD.