Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Gmac on December 13, 2024, 02:45:59 PM
-
1974 K4
I picked this up last weekend.
Almost completely original. Showing just over 8000 miles, which from the info I have from James, who originally imported this, 10+ years ago, seems correct.
It was also the cheapest one I've seen advertised for a long time
Hopefully these pics work. I'm not very tech savvy
-
That looks a reasonably original bike. Nice colour, freedom green metallic. Going to paint my 550 his colour. Good luck if you take the plunge.
-
Good luck if you take the plunge.
I already did ;)
-
If James had anything to do with it, it must be a good one - I got my shiny orange 550 F1 from him and it was every bit and more as described.
http://www.stallard-engineering.co.uk/stories/Bikes/Japanese/Honda%20CB550F1.htm
Number 3 cylinder might be running a bit weak if the pics are not misleading but I have never had a 750. Otherwise looks fantastic!
Ian
-
Looks like a good choice to me. Nice and unmolested.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
That's very nice and best of all original...you're going to enjoy having it 😁 must ride my K4 next year it's a flake sunrise orange one, I had it 24 years
-
That's very nice and best of all original...you're going to enjoy having it 😁 must ride my K4 next year it's a flake sunrise orange one, I had it 24 years
That's the colour I wanted. I'm gonna keep a lookout for a tank and panels in that exact colour and year, as I like the tank stripes on the K4
I do like my Freedom Green though
-
That looks a beauty.👍
-
It's great that there are still bikes like to be found out there, nice one.
Cheers
Dennis
-
The elephant in the room wants to know the spondulix? 😁😁😁
-
The elephant in the room wants to know the spondulix? 😁😁😁
I'm gonna keep that to myself, but it wasn't much more than the eBay U.S unregistered imports, that need a full resto.
There are plenty for sale for double what I paid, but those are still for sale, and my one got sold
-
A figure would have been interesting, obviously I respect your right to privacy.
I try to be my open about my cost prices though it's usually via a PM, sold prices (none yet) or the biggie restoration costs on my projects as I'm not running a business, I know for me, it's a loss making hobby that I love. (I think I now understand why many women collect shoes)
I have had members PM with some cost over runs feeling they have been done over by poor restorers. I am open with them about what I have spent on projects, afterwards I feel I'm not the only idiot filling a money pit.
-
Ted, that's why no bike resto business will ever make any money because of people like us throwing money at these bikes because we have this perverse love of doing it, knowing full well we're down on the deal. 🙈
-
That’s a very smart bike 8)
-
I would be cautious about sharing costs too...I might leave the forum open and find my better half reading the messages.😀
-
I would be cautious about sharing costs too...I might leave the forum open and find my better half reading the messages.😀
🤣🤣🤣