Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Noodelz on November 16, 2005, 09:03:22 PM
-
Hey guys, new to the site and had a question. Buildin my first metric chop and was wondering....I have an 80 CB750 Frame with all the ignition and stuff already installed, the motor's shot so I picked up a SOHC, believe it's a 76. Will this heart run off the same ignition or will I have to change it out, and what would it all take to do this swap, I believe all 750's run off a CDI ignition. Like I said, not too familiar with these bikes, I am a V-Twin guy originally but just got converted to the inline 4 side. Thanks for any help that's put forward....
-
The sohc originally ran on points ignition.
Some guys use the 750/900 coils on their sohc as they are more waterproof and tend to keep running in the wet!
As for the frame - you can make anything fit anything as long as you're prepared to put the work in.
If you've not already visited http://www.hondachopper.com/ , take a look there.