Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => Recommended Sources for Parts and Services => Topic started by: Paulun on December 21, 2024, 12:00:59 PM
-
Hi can anyone recommend a company in the Staffordshire area that will replace valve seats on a cb550.
-
Can I ask why they need changing?
They are suitable for modern fuels,
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Valve seats can also be ground to establish the 3 angles required if the seats are pitted.
-
Just Number one inlet seat very badly pitted almost eaten away the valve is in good condition. All the other seats and valves are in very good condition. Could it possibly be poor material.Tried to upload photo
file too large.
-
I use this method to get around photo file sizes.
Once you have done it a few times its quick & easy, I learnt this method from another forum.
.http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,29228.0.html
-
Thanks for photo upload tips Ted I’ll will give it go, I’m usually working from my iPad.
-
My phone is a Google Pixel 6, it has a mind if it's own. I use Flicker on my laptop & PC.
When this phone expires I'm going back to a Samsung. My IT skills are haphazard at best. I come from Fortran IV days in 1970.
-
It would be cheaper to get a used head, all 500 and 550 are the same
-
Unfortunately the machine shop I always used to use SEP in Nottinghamshire has shut down, there is another near Newark Notts but I have not used them yet and don’t have details but can find out if you want. It is certainly a repair that can be done. It might be useful to look at places that do car engine tuning work such as gas flowing and valve work which seems to be popular with the car guys/girls at the moment.
I am sure you can find someone to do it.
-
Not sure where you live, is Service Garage near Borrowash too far away?
-
Not near you, but highly recommended are Seager Engineering in Debenham, Suffolk.
Parts can be posted if well packaged. They're very busy like all good workshops so there will be a wait.
-
Thanks again for all the replies love this forum everyone so helpful. Yes I’ve seen the engineers in Newark
About 80 miles I’ve got relatives living in Witham near Newark so maybe a good time to pay them a visit, also a place in Louth that can possibly do a same day turnaround. Phoned a few in my area but don’t touch old bike stuff.
-
My phone is a Google Pixel 6, it has a mind if it's own. I use Flicker on my laptop & PC.
When this phone expires I'm going back to a Samsung. My IT skills are haphazard at best. I come from Fortran IV days in 1970.
Can you do that V in your fingers, with both hands Ted ? ;D
My mum worked in computing when I was younger, mostly payroll system etc. When we went to see her office there was the system of punch card and a transit distribution all around the room, literally like standing inside a computer as it worked . Still have some of the punch cards as momento too.
-
Ah the ICL/IBM puch cards.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54225792721_8e0959b17f_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qBKmYH)ICL cards (https://flic.kr/p/2qBKmYH) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
Ah the ICL/IBM puch cards.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54225792721_8e0959b17f_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2qBKmYH)ICL cards (https://flic.kr/p/2qBKmYH) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
When I started in Air Traffic Control in 1978 they still used punchcards to programme the ATC computer, an IBM 9020. It filled a huge room.