Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Tony M on January 13, 2025, 09:55:46 AM

Title: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: Tony M on January 13, 2025, 09:55:46 AM
Hello all, quick intro from a new member. After a long lay off from bikes I came across a 400/4 from a friend, left outside under a tarp for 19 years. Thought it might give me something to do over the winter months. I'd owned 400/4's years ago, first one I bought, I was 15, did it up and sat looking at it till I was 17, 9 months after that I got banned for speeding. The one I recently bought was pretty rough, but while looking for extra parts came across a complete but dismantled F2. Bought that, stripped them both down to nuts and bolts getting ready for the rebuild of the F2, jury still out on the fate of the other. 
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 13, 2025, 10:30:13 AM
Welcome to the sohc community, lovely bikes the 400/4.
Lots of downloadable data in Aladdin's Cave & Ash's Dropbox as well as previous 400 projects etc
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: Orcade-Ian on January 13, 2025, 10:35:07 AM
Hi Tony,
Welcome to the Forum, lots of 400/4 owners on here - me included!  We used to live in Southport but moved to Orkney almost 20 years ago.  There is a very healthy VJMC section in your area and more 400/4 owners on there.  You only need to shout for help/ideas/parts if you get stuck.

Ian
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: Laverda Dave on January 13, 2025, 10:45:12 AM
Welcome to the forum Tony. You wont look back restoring a 400/4. If you want a free performance tip.....paint it yellow, everyone knows they were the fastest  ;D
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 13, 2025, 10:57:21 AM
Welcome to the forum Tony.
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: Johnny4428 on January 13, 2025, 11:11:39 AM
Hi Tony, you’ve come to the right place with that models, absolutely much experience from members on here.
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: taysidedragon on January 13, 2025, 05:06:17 PM
Welcome to the best forum. Plenty of advice available if you need it. 👍
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: Athame57 on January 13, 2025, 05:17:16 PM
Welcome here Tony, good luck with the restoration!  ;D
Title: Re: New Member - Preston, Lancashire
Post by: Tony M on January 14, 2025, 09:00:38 AM
Thanks very much for the warm welcome. much appreciated.