Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 13, 2025, 09:05:57 PM
-
When I checked a few stats a few moments ago there were 6 users & 146 guests on this site.
I am shocked and humbled that there have been 104,442 views on my locked CB500 K1 project
-
Amazing Ted! Very valuable info and of great interest to a lot of people.
-
I guess all the credit goes to our site man Steve.👍👍👍
-
Never one to decline credit Ted, but I suspect that at least 140 of those “guests†are web search bots.
A guest is anyone from a unique IP address who (that?) looks at a page on this site.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
No idea what a web search bot is.
Are the views similarly misleading?
-
Think of the internet as a vast library.
Think of Google as the librarian (a very rich librarian who, as well as keeping all the records, has detailed information on everything you’ve looked at, everything you’ve bought and forces adverts down your throat at every turn).
The search bots are gazillions of little spies who constantly read every book in the library looking for key words and phrases that you might search for.
The act of reading a page registers on the website as a guest.
Sorry if this is rambling a bit. It’s taken me ages to type this on my phone and I’ve forgotten what the original question was…
Must be getting old.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk