Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Desperately Seeking!! => Topic started by: Sesman on January 16, 2025, 12:53:33 PM

Title: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Sesman on January 16, 2025, 12:53:33 PM
I’m looking for the following grommets, part no’s:

31403323000 x 2

80101283000 x 4

I have the originals, but they are rock hard and perished in areas. New ones are available, but at a horrendous cost.

If anybody can provide old ones in good condition ( probably a forlorn hope) or new at a reasonable cost I’d be eternally grateful.



Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Bryanj on January 16, 2025, 01:27:03 PM
I am guessing these are for a 500 or 550 but exactly where do they go? I have some pattern mudguard ones that may be modifyable
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Sesman on January 16, 2025, 01:51:58 PM
Hi, Bryanj.

Yes, sorry should have said: 550F2 rear light mounting bracket; Items 1 and 11. Part 11 is basically the same as part 1 with one of the flanges trimmed to accommodate the rear light.

I’m also looking at grommet suppliers. They may have something I can use.
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 16, 2025, 02:50:14 PM
Might be worth looking at some of the e bay generic fairing mounting grommets, some listings show sizes.
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Bryanj on January 16, 2025, 03:10:32 PM
How about what is in screenshot, i bought them for front mudguard mounts and they worked ok, away till end of next week so cant look for mine
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Johnny4428 on January 16, 2025, 05:32:16 PM
Nurse Julie has the mudguard mounts kit.
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Sesman on January 16, 2025, 06:18:49 PM
Thanks, Johnny, but the mudguard grommets and inserts are completely different items.
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Sesman on January 16, 2025, 06:22:29 PM
How about what is in screenshot, i bought them for front mudguard mounts and they worked ok, away till end of next week so cant look for mine

Thanks Bryanj. I bought them for my mudguards too. A slightly tighter fit than OEM, but they work——for the front mudguard stays that is.  I’ve now found a solution from a national grommet manufacturer at a fraction of the Honda OEM cost.
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 16, 2025, 07:25:31 PM
Are you going to share the link Phil?
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: Sesman on January 16, 2025, 07:29:12 PM
After I receive them and judge them to be of decent quality and fit.
Title: Re: Number plate grommets.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 16, 2025, 07:32:32 PM
👍👍👍