Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on January 22, 2025, 02:08:34 PM

Title: Absence of perspective.
Post by: Johnny4428 on January 22, 2025, 02:08:34 PM
This is mildly amusing. Without the appropriate part number and without perspective I purchased this off eBay a wee while back. The one at the top of the pic was intended to be replaced by the one at the bottom of pic. 😂 Anybody want it?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20250122/24a678f2cfbd418fd35d5f96ed2f2dc4.jpg)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Absence of perspective.
Post by: Bryanj on January 22, 2025, 03:12:02 PM
Ah the big(pun intended) difference between UK and US blinkers
Title: Re: Absence of perspective.
Post by: Johnny4428 on January 23, 2025, 09:31:42 AM
Take it toy ones are for UK models?😂 or the obese ones are for USA?🤪
Title: Re: Absence of perspective.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 23, 2025, 10:05:26 AM
I made that error when I ordered some wire brushes for my drill thinking they were a couple of inches in diameter from the eBay listing.
They were tiny things for a Dremel, I was a bit miffed but have used them for working in confined spaces.
Title: Re: Absence of perspective.
Post by: Johnny4428 on January 23, 2025, 10:29:41 AM
At least you could still use your purchase error!🫢
Title: Re: Absence of perspective.
Post by: Laverda Dave on January 23, 2025, 10:59:18 AM
I did the same a few years ago with the rear indicator frame brackets for a 400/4 Johnny. DSS didn't have any so I bought a couple on US eBay. When they arrived they were massive, exactly the same shape as the UK part but a lot bigger. It was my fault for looking at the eBay photo, not registering the part number was different but thinking they were correct so I was stuck with them!
Title: Re: Absence of perspective.
Post by: Johnny4428 on January 23, 2025, 07:59:30 PM
So annoying Dave! Looks really can be deceptive. I’ll probably pop mine back on eBay unless someone on here wants it. No good to me anyway. At least not currently.🤪